Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A wild few days...

It's been crazy around here lately(more on that later!). Our LSC is signed and returned to CCAA. We now wait for travel approval. Our agency has already set the dates for our trip. We will meet our Jaida Kate on Monday, February 23rd. We've been talking with our travel agent via e-mail and will talk with him again tomorrow. It looks like we'll probably fly out on Friday, February 20th. It's all very exciting now. We also received wonderful news that our friends, Monica and Paul, also received their LSC. Kennedy and their daughter Claire were foster sisters for the first 10 months of their lives in China. We travelled with them in February 2007 to bring Kennedy and Claire home. Now, here we are two years later going back to bring home Ren and Jaida! Who would have thought??? The best part is, their son Ren lives in Guangdong Province as well, so we will spend all two weeks together! Monica and I (as well as about 4 other moms from our first travel group) have stayed in VERY close contact for the past two years on e-mail, so we are really looking forward to being reunited with them all again.

So is anyone ready for another countdown???

48 days until we hold Jaida Kate in our arms!!!!!! Yippppeeee!

15 comments:

Angela said...

ooooh ~ that's not long at all!! Let the countdown begin!!

so exciting ~ wish we could go to Guangdong with you! You'll love it there!!

hugs and love,
Angela Bryan & Ella
xox

Anonymous said...

And you will be warm for at least half of the trip. Congratulations. I can hardly wait to follow your trip to Jaida. Susan (Emily and Julia)

Deanna said...

Congratulations guys!!!!
This is so wonderful, wow, now you have a date to look forward when you can finally meet your little girl...

Deanna

Doug and Terrye said...

Your heart must be ready to burst! It is amazing how fast 48 days will scream by when you are busy getting ready...and packing those crazy suitcases with everything in the world that you might need (but probably won't) while you are in China :)

Terrye in FL

Anonymous said...

must feel sooo good to finally have a date!!! also can't wait to follow this journey! Tracy

Kath said...

Yay! You have a date!!! That's amazing. How exciting that you will be travelling with Monica and Paul and can share this experience with them again.

We'll be with you in spirit!

Kath, Pat and Maeve

Jill said...

Sooo excited for you guys!! And to travel with a family you already know....incredible!!
Can't wait to watch it all unfold!

Beth said...

OK I get goosebumps reading about your two families' plans and excitement. I sooooo wish we could go with you (have I said that a time or two???) Just for the trip of course, I can barely handle the two I have:) We can't wait to follow your trip! We're counting down too.

Monica said...

I'm still in shock that everything has turned out so perfectly! But really, life does turn out the way it's meant to, isn't?!

It definitely has been a wild couple of days, and I'm sure the wildness will continue for quite some time!

We can't wait to see you again! In China, the best reunion place of all!!

Madison is Finally HOME! said...

WOW - that's so exciting! Time will certainly fly over the next month as you prepare for your trip. It's awesome that you have another family to share in this experience and for all the kids to have that common bond is wonderful!

Tracy

Rae said...

Wooo Hooooo!!!

The happy tears are flowing here in the Holth-Hengen household. I can't tell you how happy we are for you and extra happy that you'll be traveling with Monica, Paul and Claire. What a reunion you'll have!

We can't wait to see photos and video of beautiful Jaida in your arms!!

Much love,
Rae, Girard and Bryn
xxxooo

Lisa and Boys said...

This is officially my favorite countdown so far!!!!

Lisa xo

Carolyn said...

Yeah!!!!!!! That is great- I can't believe it! You will be holding your daughter in another 48 days- I am very happy for you and Marvin. I will be watching your progress every step of the way!


Carolyn P

Anonymous said...

Hi! It is SOOO exciting that you already have your travel dates! I wish we could say the same, but we can't get dates until our TA arrives (before CNY?). I am hoping that we end up in Heshan at the same time to pick up our girls!!!

Alison Schmitz

Shea said...

Very exciting news. How wonderful that you'll be travelling with Paul and Monica again. Let the countdown begin!