Saturday, October 11, 2008

Prayers for Cole



My nephew, Cole, is in the IWK (local children's) hospital. He has hemophilia and is having a bleed in his hip. He's been hospitalized a few times in his sort life (he is 5 years old) but this is, by far, the most serious. He has been in a lot of pain and has been poked and prodded by a lot of doctors over the last few days. Please pray that he makes a fast recovery and gets back to his active, funny self again soon.

Another hard part about this is that the IWK is a distance from where we live so my sister and brother-in-law are torn between being there and being home with their one year old. My mother has been looking after Bree but her Daddy is coming home to be with her tomorrow. It is killing Amy to be away from Bree for so long so pray for her too!

Between coughs, colds and illnesses, things have been bonkers around here. Even the dog puked today...

So my sister and I are heading off to the IWK tomorrow to spend the night with Amy and Cole. I'll update you all upon my return.

We are 19 days into our wait for LSC (letter seeking confirmation--the letter that China sends us asking if we still want to adopt He Fu Qi). We expect it will take up to 4 months (120 days) so 101 days left to go!!!

11 comments:

Monica said...

Carolyn, we'll be praying for Cole and his family. I'm glad you're able to lend support to your sister - I'm sure she appreciates it very much.

Here's hoping your wait for the LSC is MUCH shorter than expected! My fingers are crossed for you.

Shea said...

You're all in our thoughts and prayers, especially little Cole. Please let us know how he's doing tomorrow or in the next couple days. I'm thinking of your entire family, and I can only imagine how hard this is on Amy and Bree too.

We take our health and everyday life for granted. What a reminder this is on Thanksgiving weekend. It's times like this I wish I could be there to sit beside you. Take care Carolyn.

Rae said...

Poor Cole. We'll keep him and the rest of your family in our thoughts and pray for his speedy recovery.

Deb said...

Praying for Cole,Amy,safe travels to and from IWK,that nasty bug that has taken your family captive, for God speed on your LSC, and for Jaida Kate as she waites for you.
Take care,
ps. Thanks for your supporting prayers for my BIL.

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

You have my GREATEST prayers for Cole

God love him! What a handsome boy!!
No little person should have to go through that.

Thinking of you all.

Jill

Tiffany said...

Our prayers are with Cole and entire family.... and you guys.
Bless that little guy!!!!!!!!!! Praying for he is feeling MUCH better VERY soon!!!!!!!

I am so excited and happy for you guys to read this news of Jaida Kate!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Lily is also from Guangdong....
I can't wait to follow your journey to Jaida....
You were the first journey I ever followed and what a blessing that was during our wait!!
It will be so fun to see you as a family of 4.

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear about your nephew. Praying for him and your family and that things improve for him soon.

my3 kids said...

We too are praying for your nephew Cole. How hard it must be on his family to be so far away and his little sister is so little. Please do keep us posted. Hugs

The Carmodys said...

We will pray for that handsome little man - please keep us updated on his progress.

And the countdown to Jaida Kate begins . . . do you have a calendar or some sort of fun way to countdown with K?

k

Anonymous said...

We will also keep Cole, your sister and family in our thoughts and prayers.

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Hi Carolyn,
I just stumbled upon your blog and as I was reading it I realized that you same province as me. We are in the process of switching to the WC program about would love to chat with you about it.

I am trying not to look like a stalker,
Jocelyn