Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 100




So we've reached day 100. I'm thinking that many people at the government offices are still off work this week, so it will probably be next week at the earliest. Our Director of Child and Family services as well as the Adoption Coordinator both have to sign off on this document along with ourselves, so I'm thinking things should return to normal on January 5th and hopefully our letter will be here very soon after that. I also spoke with our agency and they told us that the next trip (there is a group leaving Jan. 11) will be in the later part of February so we're very optimistic that we will be on that plane.

Kennedy talks about her sister all the time now. I don't think she understands why we keep talking about her and why she's still not here. We've gone over and over the whole routine of how she will go to stay with Grammie and Grampie while mommy and daddy go to get Jaida. I've introduced her to video calling(!!) over the holidays. I bought my nephews a webcam for Christmas and we have everything set up so we can chat frequently while we're in China. Kennedy thinks it's awesome that she can see her cousins on the computer, even though they live only 10 minutes away!! One more thing to strike off my list of things to do.

I have no clue what size clothing to take with us to China. Jaida is 19.8 lbs and will be 3 years old on March 5th. I have a friend (hi Dianne) whose daughter is younger but very similar in size so she's been giving me approximate sizes. It just seems so weird when Kennedy and Jaida are the same age but their sizes are SO different! Kennedy wears size 9 shoes but I think Jaida may need a size 4 or 5...I think we may just have to go shopping when we get to Guangdong. She doesn't look all that little to me in the pictures but I know very well that pictures are deceiving.

So back to the 100 days. I've been researching EVERYWHERE (RQ, yahoo groups, blogs, etc) and 100 days is pretty much par for the course for a timeline like ours. For those who may be interested, we were DTC: May 15/08, LID: July 18/08, LOI: September 22/08. As of Dec. 20 we found out that our dossier was out of review. Our agency told us to be prepared to wait for 3-4 months for LSC...that would take us to January 22. I hope it will be here before that.

That's all for now! Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Ms. Keough said...

I am VERY optimistic that when government offices open your paperwork will be the first thing they sign! Thinking of you guys!
Rebecca

Hassan Family said...

Hi Carolyn,
We are with you, everything crossed! Bring on those letters. Sean's birthday is Feb 28th so it would be great to be there with him as well.
Jan

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your letter really soon! We also didn't know Mei Lin's size and had to buy her a couple of things...expecially shoes in Guangdong. Our guide brought us to a mall (called the Carrefour I think)...we were able to buy EVERYTHING here. They had groceries, clothing everything you can think of.

Nat

Monica said...

Claire is very close in size (and age!) to Jaida. Claire is about 21 lbs now, and is about 32 inches tall. Her clothing size completely depends on the brand. Most things are usually size 12 mos or 18 mos (shirts can always be a little big) while pants, hmm... that's a tough one. Claire's waist is so tiny - Jaida's probably is too - so things are always big in the waist. Right now, she's fitting into size 12-18 month jeans from the Gap, and size 18-24 month jeans at Old Navy, if that gives you any clues. Claire's feet have really grown lately. She's about a size 5 now, but can still get into a 4.