Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Jaida



Back in October, we received this photo of Jaida. This is the finding ad that is placed in the local newspaper when a child is taken into care. The photo was published on December 14, 2007, so I'm guessing that the photo was probably taken around that time as well. She would have been 20 months old.

I can't help but think she looks sad and a little lost in this photo. This will be the earliest photo we will have of her. We are grateful to China-babies.com for providing us with this precious photo.

Day 70
Now where oh where is our LSC????

9 comments:

Monica said...

What a sweetie, even when looking a little forlorn. I think we're all used to seeing her look so happy in all of her pictures that perhaps the contrast alone makes her look a little sad.

I'm glad you were able to get this early photo of your beautiful girl.

Jill said...

WOW! I know the feeling. Let's go get this precious girl! Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is a sad looking picture.
I hope you get the word to go and get that sweetie soon.

Deb said...

Awwww, she's a treasure.
Hope you get news soon.

Deanna said...

That picture of Jaida is so sweet. What a cutie she is...she looks a lot happier now though.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that you get word soon.

Its hard having a little girl that you want to hold so badly.

Deanna

Carmtech Solutions said...

Aaah - hard to believe what she's already been through in her short life. She definitely needs a great big hug from her mommy, daddy and sister!

Now c'mon and get that LSC already!! :)

k

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that you were able to get such an early photo of her. I wish I had even one baby photo of our son...our earliest photo is at age three (just one photo) and no more until he was five.

Rae said...

She's so beautiful. Soon she'll be home in your arms and will only have a sad face when mama tells her she can't have another cookie. Hurry home, Jaida!

Shea said...

She looks like she's wishing for a family. I hope you're united soon. I'm glad you were able to get her finding ad. I wonder what you were doing the day her ad was published? It's so amazing the way your lives have connected to each other.