Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sisters united at last.

We are home sweet home with one night under our belts. We all rose for the day at 4 a.m. That's right, 4 a.m. That's understandable for Jaida, Marvin and I but it was a little much for Kennedy. The girls had fun playing together. My house is a disaster area and my mother is basically telling me to 'give it up', that it's going to look like this for the next 10-15 years. The girls are both down for naps right now. Marv is lying on the couch, sick with a cold. The girls both have runny noses too. This is very much like our return from China with Kennedy...we all ended up sick for a couple of weeks. It would be a big bonus if I could stay healthy...

We were thrilled to have so many friends and family meet us at the airport yesterday. I was overcome with emotion when Kennedy came running to meet us. We missed her so much. 16 days apart is too long and I hope I'll never be apart from my girls that long again (unless it's another adoption...never say never is my new motto)! As soon as we buckled the girls into the car and started to drive home, they both started giggling and laughing! They held hands and cuddled their panda bears. It was adorable.

We're looking forward to getting our feet under us again and visiting with some friends and family. We were happy to have a visit from Marvin's sister and her husband , Bev and Randolph, in Toronto. It was wonderful to see some familiar faces as we entered the Sheraton!

Thank you to EVERYONE for your kind messages and comments both here and on facebook. Every kind word and personal note has meant so much. I haven't been able to reply to everyone but know that we really appreciate all your support.

xo
Marvin, Carolyn, Kennedy and Jaida






23 comments:

Beth said...

Ok, so I've been checking every 10 minutes. I'm terrible. But it paid off! How good it is to see them together! the picture side by side at the table so reminds me of Ava and Claire together. Very cute. We'll be praying that your colds don't amount to much and you can all start out healthy. I ditto the cleaning thing, it just doesn't happen, so I only really clean when I know someone is coming. If people drop by I just pretend I was about to start!!:)
Looking forward to seeing those two cuties some more.

Shea said...

Welcome home!! Look at how comfortable Jaida already looks at home. I love seeing Kennedy and Jaida together. Your hearts must be overflowing right now, Carolyn and Marvin. I hope you all stay healthy, and are able to get lots of sleep the next few days. Or maybe not, with 2 toddlers in the house, but you're loving every minute of it!

Also, a belated Happy Birthday to Jaida. I forgot to mention that in my last post.

T.Janzen said...

The whole China journey is such an amazing adventure, but oh isn't good to be home?!!

The girls look like they've been together forever, though I do love the look Kennedy is giving her new sister in the car seat.

We wish you the very best in this new leg of this wonderful journey.

TracyJ

my3 kids said...

Man you have 2 beautiful girls..very happy you all made it home safely and that the girls are together at last. Many fun times to come watching your beauty's grow up together:) Have fun AND watch out when the boys start sneaking around...Yikes!

Madison is Finally HOME! said...

The pics are great! I especially love the one with Kennedy looking at her sister in the car - she has a look that I can imagine her thinking - WOW, this is my sister! It brings tears to my eyes.

Congratulations!

Tracy

Angela said...

Aww ~ now those are the pictures I wanted to see :)

love seeing Jaida in K's clothes (that was K's dress wasn't it?)

So happy you are all home safe and sound right where you belong

Hope everyone feels better soon
hugs and love,
Ange, Bryan and Ella
xox

Deanna said...

Beyond sweet....I am so happy to see you are all together and all home at last! Welcome home Jaida...

Deanna

Rae said...

Finally, the photos I've been waiting to see! They look so adorable together -- how do you handle all that cuteness in one house? :)

Your homecoming must have been so wonderful. I can't even imagine how excited you were to see Kennedy, 16 days is a long time. Did she say anything about it being so long?

Hopefully all of you don't end up with colds and your jet lag doesn't last too long. Here's to a longer sleep tonight than you had last night! Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I think you are right, they were meant to be sisters!! Can't wait to see all of you. I'm sure some family bonding time is in order for a while. Hope your sleep pattern gets turned around soon. Take care and keep well!!

Kath said...

What a beautiful sight to behold! The girls look like they were always meant to be sisters.

Sounds like you had quite a greeting party at the airport. Jaida must have been in awe!

I hope your illnesses are short so that you can better enjoy your first days together as a family of 4!

Welcome home!
Big hugs from Ontario!

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Hi Carolyn,
What an exciting time to see you guys and John, Jan and Sean arrive home from China! How wonderful that you are all home safe and sound and together as a family, at last!!!

I hope jetlag doesn't hit too hard and all goes well over the next few days!!!

Welcome back,
Tammy, Alyssa and Evan

Monica said...

Ah,so precious to see the girls together! I am so happy for you to be home with both girls now.

I'm sorry to hear your family's been hit with a cold. I'll pray that you all recover soon.

Miss you lots,

Monica, Paul, Claire and Ren

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! I am sure it was wonderful to see Kennedy and introduce her to Jaida! Makes my heart just ache for my babies at home too. 5 more days and we will be on our way home to them! I am SOOOO excited!! Enjoy this time and get back on your feet...the housework can wait! Your mom is right...get used to the chaos...the fun is just beginning!!!

Alison Schmitz

The Carmodys said...

Oh my word . . . way too cute. Looks like a special bond between sisters already. I love it!

k

geminirn said...

OH MY!HOW ADORABLE THEY ARE TOGETHER!!Glad to see you are all back home safe and sound and reunited with beautiful K. Hope everyone is on the mend soon.

Deb said...

United at last. What a wonderful sight to see a picture of the two of them together.
I keep thinking Kennedy is the older sister...going to take me time to wrap that around this brain of mine!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon and it doesn't last 2 weeks.

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

I love the picture of your two girls together. And are you super woman? How on earth are you home a few days and blogging and posting on others blogs? I only hope I can get all that done when we are home a few days with Caden.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the girls together. They look like they are having a lot of fun! I hope you don't get sick, too...
The posts are great, thanks for sharing!
xo Angie

Tiffany said...

What a blessing to see these precious little sisters together!!!! I love it!!!!
So happy for you all!!!!!!!!

Love
Tiffany, Jeff, Lily, & Ty

Tiffany said...

Also meant to say that I hope everyone feels better and stays that way!!!!!

Murray and Diane said...

Hi Marvin and Carolyn,

So nice to see your two girls together. Congratulations! Have you gotten over your jet lag yet? We've never been up so early in our house, but it's getting a little better. Marvin, I heard my Mother in law thought you were me heading out to the arrivals area at the Toronto airport and was waving frantically! That was funny!

All the best guys and we'll stay in touch!

Murray & Diane

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

I am sooo happy for you and your family. the girls of course are sooooo ADORABLE together!!!! I love the part of them holding hands in the car!!

AMAZING!!!!

Congrats. I'm sure you are so glad to be home~

Jill

Anonymous said...

Carolyn...

The girls are both sweet...
Congratulations to you Marvin & Kennedy!!!!

Nancy M.