Sunday, November 9, 2008

Two years ago...

Day 48




I don't think you really appreciate a blog until awhile down the road. I just looked back at Kennedy's blog to see what was happening two years ago in November...

Well, my dear friend Trudy, just gave birth to her baby girl, Megan! My dad just found out that he was heading back to the hospital for his second knee replacement and, what else? I was in the midst of report cards and interviews, just like I am now. One other teeny, tiny thing was happening at that time as well. We were waiting for our referral to come ANY day. I remember that so well. We ended up waiting until December to finally see K's face. I remember it like it was yesterday!

It's amazing to look back and see how things have changed since then. It's even more amazing to realize that here we are, two years later, waiting to go back to China again. I never would have thought it would happen so soon. Instead of waiting for our referral this time, we're waiting for our Letter Seeking Confirmation so we can make travel plans. Please, please hurry up!!!! We can't wait to hold our little girl!

4 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Was that already two years ago??? Boy, it sure does seem like it was yesterday! And now we're both waiting again . . . fun stuff! :)

k

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe it's been two years already! It's amazing how much our lives have changed in that time.

I can't believe you're going back to China this soon either and we can't wait to see Jaida in your arms!

xxoo

Monica said...

Incredible! What a difference two years makes.

Here's to a very short countdown to receiving your LSC!

Shea said...

I was just thinking about where our lives were two years ago. I was on pins and needles at this time, not sure if I'd make the cut, but praying I would because I would've been devastated not to travel with you. I hope December brings you closer to Jaida, just as December brought you closer to Kennedy 2 years ago.