Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here are a few pics from our second day in Beijing. After breakfast today, we sat with our friends and chatted about the new children coming to our families. I say children because between the three of us, we will be meeting a 6 year old, a 3 year old and a 15 month old!! There are also various ages among the other families that are joining us tonight. This is so different from our first trip where all the babies were 10-12 months, except big girl Sara, who was 12 years old. So we all meet here tonight and then tomorrow morning we go our separate ways--to different provinces to meet our children. It will be exciting to all come back together on Friday and meet all the children.



Marvin in the lobby of our hotel.



Our hotel: Oriental Culture



Lanterns decorating the street just down from our hotel.



Fresh dumplings! I thought of Kennedy right away. She loves Chinese dumplings!



Moi, in the lobby.



The lobby of our hotel.



I gave up the computer for just a minute so that Marv could check some hockey scores :)

13 comments:

Mrs. K. Gillis said...

Looking good you guys! The bamboo steamer is bringing back memories :) Not long now!!! Love that you are keeping us posted so well. Keep em coming!

The Carmodys said...

Oh so exciting. Deja vu eh? :) You're soooo close now . . . can't wait. I'm so excited for you.

All the best - looking forward to seeing little Jaida finally in the arms of her mama and baba!

k

Monica said...

Greetings from Guangzhou! We arrived here a couple of hours ago and are settling into our hotel nicely. I bet it feels great and incredibly nostalgic to be in Beijing again! It definitely feels amazing for us to be in China again but strangely not nostalgic (yet), perhaps because we're in new places right now.

I'm so glad to hear that everything has gone great for you two so far! We can't wait to see you here tomorrow!

Deb said...

Great photo's! You got that Momma glow Mrs. Clow!
Well yopu know what they say "no two pregnancy's are alike!

I love dumplings too. When Yvonne stayed with us last year her mom used to make them for us. Yum!

The hotel looks beautiful, love the lanterns outside.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I'm getting Cole and Bree ready to go to Mom and Dad's and hang out with K. Looks like a nice day so I think I'll get them outside for some play time. Oh, and Mom's having roast chicken for dinner....mmmmm.....jealous?

xoxo
Amy

Rae said...

So many memories and so much excitement from here at home. We're glued to the computer for updates from you and Monica!

It's nice to see blue skies in Beijing. China must be happy for you!

Beth said...

wow, I'm so excited I got the times mixed up and got up this morning thinking it was Monday night and we'd hear something!!( I did 24 +3 instead of 12 + 3) I was never good at math. Oh well, not long now. So excited - Have I said that a few times!! Thanks so much for all the info. I know you've probably got other things you could be doing. So appreciated. Good luck and good wishes are sent your way. Can't wait to see that sweet girl in your arms.

Norma said...

stayed at that hotel in 2001 when we adopted out Grace. enjoying your blog.........wonderful to travel along with you

geminirn said...

You two look great,thanksfor the photos.......oh how it makes me miss that place even more,looking at the photos i can almost smell the air.
looking forward to hearing more.

Angela said...

do you think I could call in sick tomorrow to sit home and keep hitting refresh? lol

Do you feel more relaxed this time?

Wow ~ soon you will be a family of four :) Can you believe it?

hugs, Ange, Bryan and Ella

Shea said...

Oh, you're bringing back so many memories. Seeing Yulin in the restaurant brings back so many memories. You're so close to meeting Jaida. Sleep well, and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! I am so excited to see your "Gotcha" moment when you post again!!
Enjoy it!

S x 4 said...

We are very excited for you and wish you all the best on this incredible journey! We will be watching your blogs from Calgary.

Stephanie, Stephen, and Shaelyn (home from Guangzhou for 1.5 years)