Friday, February 27, 2009

On our way to Beijing!

We had a wonderful morning visiting the The Chen Clan Academy and toured around Shamian Island. We stopped by the White Swan hotel and went into the lobby to see the beautiful waterfall and goldfish. It was amazing to say we were there. We hear so much from our American friends about staying at the White Swan, we just could come all this way and not go see it!! The shops there are very geared toward the western visitors. We bought a couple of dolls for the girls and I bought a purse for myself :)

The most enjoyable part was getting to sit down and have a wonderful lunch with our friends Monica, Paul, Claire, Ren and our guide Becky. Now we're packing up our stuff and heading off to Beijing. We cannot wait to see the rest of our travel group and all the children.

Congratulations to my cousin (who's like a fourth sister in my family) Andrea and her husband, Stacy on the birth of their baby girl, Addison Sarah! Can't wait to get home and see her. xo

We'll check in as soon as we can when we get to Beijing!!

10 comments:

Rae said...

Happy travels! And congratulations on another new addition to the family.

Em Zember said...

I have been following your blog. Jaida is a wonder sweet little girl. It is so nice that Kennedy will have a sister and playmate from the same country. David is on his way to Beijing. He will be there 5:00 pm Saturday.
Safe travells for the rest of your trip.

Em

geminirn said...

Hope Miss Jaida's first flight goes smoothly.

The Carmodys said...

Oh yes, I remember Shamian Island fondly. I just want to be there with you!!! :)

Safe travels to Beijing.

k

Kath said...

The White Swan sounds amazing. Have a safe flight!

Beth said...

Yes, but did you take pictures on the red couch?? Good to hear you had a nice morning. Will be waiting for updates from Beijing now!! Brings back so many memories. Have fun:)

Unknown said...

Hi from Susan (Mahoney) Rodgers in Summerside - just wanted to say that I can't wait to meet your new little one also! As Aunt Susie to Jane and Lana Gillis, I cannot imagine having more joy in your life than being with such beautiful little girls. I am a proud Aunt and get lots of laughs with the Gillis girls...I am sure we will all get lots of kicks out of the four gals at church one of these days! They are all very entertaining :). Safe travels, see you soon!

Mrs. K. Gillis said...

Well, we're looking forward to hearing about your stay in Beijing. Our flight from Nanchang to Beijing was the most memorable flight of my life (not in a good way, though laughable now!) so I hope yours is equally memorable but in a much more positive way! Keep the videos and pictures coming, we love each little glimpse :)

The Gillis's

Anonymous said...

What an amazing journey you are on. I am so thankful that we have the internet, can you even imagine this process without it?? Thanks so much for sharing all that you do, I feel like I am chatting to you on the phone about it all! I am so happy for you!
Angie xo

Shea said...

I'm glad Paul and Monica are there with you, and that you're able to experience things together and support each other.

Ooh, the White Swan! Did you get a photo of the kids on the infamous red couch? Sounds like fun shopping.