Monday, February 23, 2009

We have our Jaida Kate!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




Jaida is now with her forever family. We entered the government office and immediately started seeing babies being brought in by their caregivers. Up we went in the elevator and into a room FULL of families from around the world, all adopting Chinese children. It was very LOUD and very WARM!! Many babies were crying hysterically, especially those around Jaida's age. We sat down on the couch for just a few minutes and our guide, Becky came over and said it was our turn. We walked toward a doorway and there she was, holding the hand of one of the orphanage staff. The lady said "mama, baba". Jaida was VERY serious and didn't want to look at us. I picked her up, but felt her lean away. Ironically, it's the EXACT same reaction Kennedy had to us. While many of the other babies screamed, Kennedy stayed serious and made no eye contact. Jaida had the exact same reaction.

She is every bit the beauty we knew she would be. She is teeny tiny with brown hair (lighter than many asian children). She reluctantly walked with me, holding my hand. She was hesitant to go with Marvin, but she did and was fine. When we returned to the hotel room, she laid on the bed and I stroked her hair until she fell asleep. It's been an emotional day for this little girl...

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! Congratulations to the entire family. Susan, Emily and Julia

Anonymous said...

Oh, god love her. I'm so happy for you guys. I know you'll be everything you need her to be in these next few days. We love you Jaida Kate!

Congratulations Mommy & Daddy!
Amy

Beth said...

Oh, that was so sweet. Worth getting up for. Going back to bed and will wait for more news. she sure is a beauty. Hugs from us.

Anonymous said...

COngratulations Clow family!! Now you are four! Jaida is just beautiful - love from PEI.

Leah &
Todd

Anonymous said...

she is BEAUTIFUL...... congrats Clows!! Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaida. What are you doing right now? This is Cole Troy Robinson. You're gonna have Bree Olivia Robinson for a cousin too. You're gonna come to the Island. It's different here. You're gonna be in an airplane on the way home.

Bye.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how sweet she is!! So calm and brave!!
Congratulations Guys!!!
Love Sue K

Angela said...

Oh my goodness ~ what a beautiful sweet little girl you have!!
finally in your arms where she belongs :)
She looks soooo healthy! and she is tiny ~ almost smaller than our Ella! Can't wait to meet her in person
hugs and love,
Ange, Bryan and Ella
xox
PS That looks like the exact same place where we met Ella :)

Lisa and Boys said...

Oh Carolyn, your face said it all!! She's beautiful!!! Welcome little Jaida and congratulations Mommy and Daddy!!

Lisa xo

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh,so sweet!!!!Jaida is beautiful!Jaida is very lucky to have been chosen to such a wonderful family.Have a wonderful time getting to know your second daughter.Love and hugs,
Trudy

Rae said...

Hello, beautiful Jaida! Oh boy, that was worth the wait. We're so, so, so happy for you!

Much love to all!!

Mrs. K. Gillis said...

Oh guys, she's just the sweetest little thing! How difficult that must have been for her and she did so well. We can't wait to hear more about her and see her comfort level increase and smiles emerge in the warmth of your love.

Congratulations!!!
Kathy, Ian, Jane and Lana

Anonymous said...

I swear I can't watch a gotcha moment without being brought right back to when we first held ChloĆ«... I just watched your video 8 times and am weeping. I always love Marvin's reactions on these videos, he has such a warm, happy, sweet, enthusiastic voice with kids. Carolyn, I love how you took her right away from all the noise. We are so happy for you guys! I hope Kennedy has had a chance to see the video!! Steph (and all the rest of the Betts family) :O) xoxo ♥

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful!! She looked just perfect in your arms. I can see her and Kennedy running around now! Can't wait to see you all together. Sending you love and prayers from stormy PEI. xoxo Jeff, Rhonda, Emily, Hailey and Cole

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations you guys!! Kennedy will be so excited to watch this!! Enjoy your time in China!

Hugs
Nat

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...Jaida Kate is sweet. She will love being a member of the Clow family! Safe travels home.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

One can only imagine what is running through Jaida's little mind right now. I'm sure she will soon understand the love that you both have for her, and the days ahead will be easier and more relaxing for all of you. Congratulations Marvin & Carloyn, and thanks for once again sharing this heartwarming journey !
Jacqueline, Chris, Kristyn, Lauryn & Nicholas :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a beautiful moment! I am going to go back and watch it again....for the fourth time. She is gorgeous! She looks like she is taking everything in but is so comfortable with you. Enjoy!
Take care,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

OH Congratulations!! She is just a beaut...especially in your arms now! What a moment! Enjoy!

Congrats again!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

congrates to you all she is beautiful how exciting best of luck with the rest of your stay!!!Dawna, Harrison and Camryn!!!

T.Janzen said...

Ohhhhh! What a dear little girl!
I was wondering what she was thinking too.

She is so beautiful!

TracyJ

Madison is Finally HOME! said...

Jaida Kate is absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys to finally be holding your little girl!

I'm just catching up on your blog because Madi's been sick since Wednesday and I haven't had a chance to get near the computer. When we travelled to get Madi we had Vivienne as our guide - she's awesome! You'll probably have her again when you get back to Beijing.

Can't wait to see more pics and video, enjoy your time in China!

Tracy

Kath said...

Congratulations! Jaida fits perfectly in your arms. And what a sweetheart she is. Simply gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

This brought tears to my eyes- she is beautiful. We are thrilled that she is now with her forever family! Hope that the rest of your trip goes well.


Carolyn P

Anonymous said...

The start to a wonderful life together!Love to you all.The Redmonds.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carolyn and Marvin. Another beauty for your family. God Bless
The Mahoneys

Jill said...

WOOHOO!!! AMEN!
Happy Forever Family Day!!!
She is absolutely STUNNING!!!
I am so happy for you all!
Hugs, Jill

Anonymous said...

What a exciting day filled with many emotions for all of you! Congratulations! Patti, Darren & Boys

Dawn and Dale said...

OH MY WORD!!! She is SOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! What a sweet sweet girl!!!

Praying for you guys!!!

Deb said...

I am over joyed foryou.
What a wonderful keepsake video this will be for your family threw the years.
She is beautiful, congrats to you guys!

my3 kids said...

Oh my what a beauty Jaida is....Congratulations guys you must be so happy. Here's hoping Jaida is accepting of her new mommy and daddy and that she lets you into to her little heart before long..such a sweet little girl. Hugs!

J. Brant said...

I am overwhelmed by this beautiful moment... Carolyn, your thank you said it all, what an AMAZING!!! moment. I am over the moon happy for you guys! Jaida is beautiful, a perfect mei mei for Kennedy!
Love you all
Jen

Anonymous said...

Carolyn....I am overwhelmed with emotion as you share your special moment with us.
What great demeaner of little Jaida to greet her Mommy and Daddy.
Hold her tight and before you know it she will feel your warmth and love.

Congratulations,
Liz

Norma said...

what a precious little doll. you are blessed. hoping for a peaceful transition.

S x 4 said...

What an amazing day. We are so happy for you. Congratulations!

Deanna said...

She is just precious!
Congratulations!

Deanna

Tao's Mommy said...

YEEEEHAWWWWW!!!! CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! What a amazing day you had. Looks like everything is going PERFECT!!! Jaida looks exactly as she did in her pictures. What a beautiful southern girl!!!

Enjoy your 1st full day with her!!

Shea said...

Congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you, and so happy that Jaida is with you. Savour every moment.

Linda said...

Loved the video...congratulations!!! I kept checking all day long with our Sophie.

Anonymous said...

Your little Jaida is absolutely precious! Thanks for sharing these special memories.. I'm anxiously checking your blog and each time it brings tears to my eyes. She's PERFECT - enjoy every moment! Congratulations Mommy, Daddy and Kennedy!

Wendy G

Anonymous said...

"CONGRATULATIONS"....What a sweet little girl. She has such a pleasant look on her face. I am sure her sister is patiently waiting to meet her. Have a safe trip back to PEI.....Linda and Wayne

Anonymous said...

"CONGRATULATIONS"...What a sweet little girl. She has such a pleasant look on her face. I am sure her sister is patiently waiting to meet her. Have a safe trip back to PEI...Linda and Wayne

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Ok , I'm here at work and just thought I would check your blog to see if anyone updated for you. I did not know you would be posting from China. so here I am bawling at my desk.
God love her! She is BEAUTIFUL. I am just soooo happy for you guys Carolyn!!!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Wow
I am in a computer lab in Georgetown Holland College surrounded by felow plumbing students, welding students snd pipe fitting students and tears of joy are rolling down my cheeks, - Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away and this is one
with love and good thoughts
New Uncle Mark, New Auntie KIm and two very excited new cousins Breanna and Chloe