We landed in Beijing at about 7pm local time. We gathered our luggage, found our guide, Vivian (any other FOIers out there every have Vivian for a guide? I seem to remember someone mentioning her name??)and met up with one more family that is here to meet their 15 month old daughter. Lucky for this little girl, she's going to have THREE big brothers and they're ALL here to meet her! The rest of the families in our group fly in tomorrow and one more famiy, our former travelmates Monica and Paul and their daughter Claireare in Hong Kong and will be meeting us in Guangdong on Monday.
So we're all settled in. We went out to get a few snacks. I was anxious to get back and get my internet set up. For anyone who is travelling...SKYPE is absolutely the best bit of technology EVER. I can call landlines in Canada for 2 cents a minute and video calls are free!! It's easy as pie to use. If anyone wants any pointers on this when I get home, let me know. It's so nice to be able to stay in touch with home.
I also wanted to mention that you should check out John and Jan's blog. They are also from PEI and are adopting a six year old boy named Sean!
That's all for now. I'll post again tomorrow. Love from China,
Carolyn and Marvin
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
OMG I going to be glued to this thing! I just read 3 posts from Monica! I missed checking last night and voila 2 form you and 3 form her! I'm over the moon. Can't believe you're on your way to G now to meet them and your little people! I imagine it must be just as surreal as the first time? I'm not sure you could get used to that whole process and have it be any different. I'm finding it hard to believe sitting here reading about it.
We love you lots and are thinking of you all the time. Happy Forever Family day soon....so soon. Can't wait to hear the next news:)
Hug to all of you.
Wow! This is so cool going through this from our end. It seems surreal to us that you are there. We're glad you made it safe and sound even though you had to get a wakeup call. :)
We'll be glued to your blog and Monica's, too, for the next two weeks. Have a happy couple of days being parents-in waiting!
xxoo
This is great... I am so glad to follow the blog... I am too scared of skype, I needed you to walk me through it...lol :)
Glad your there safe and sound.
Keep us well informed!!
Need to learn more about this skyp.
Glad to hear all is well....I was chatting with Ryan about your schedule today on the long drive to Tignish, and was hoping there would be a post when we got home...should have known better...there were 2!!! When we drove by the Foxley River sign we all gave a shout out to Miss K... I can only imagine the loving she's getting from her extended family :)
Take Care!!
Lisa xo
Glad to hear all is well so far,yes skpe is fantastic isn't it!!Looking forward to your next post.
Hugs from across the waters!!
Good to hear you have arrived!! Not long now! Can't wait for all the pictures....Leah
Oh Carolyn and Marv ~ we are sooo excited for you...we cannot wait to follow your journey again!! not long now and Jaida will bein your arms...oh here I go crying again!!
How is K doing?
hugs and love,
Angela, Bryan and Ella
Glad to hear you are closer to your beautiful little girl...not long now and she'll be in your arms! Loving following along again as a forever family is formed once again. Can't wait for pics.....
Jody
Glad to hear you had a good flight. Have a wonderful, joyful trip!
Stephanie (Calgary)
Glad you are there safe and sound. We're so happy that you and Monica are blogging from China so that we can follow along too!
Lots of hugs and good wishes from Ontario!
So glad to hear from you. Love this blog! Can't wait to hear more. take care and enjoy every minute!! Rhonda xo
I'm looking forward to following your journey.
We had Vivian as a guide in Beijing and she is excellent. She was so willing to help us and answer any questions.
Ask her if she's found a man yet. When she was our guide 1.5 years ago her mom called her almost daily to ask her.
Post a Comment