Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So much to think about

So here we are. 3 days to departure. I forgot how many last minute things there are to do. I've made lists upon lists and trying to be sure we have everything we need. Paperwork and photocopies, cameras, batteries, clothes for two climates, footwear, baby supplies, the pharmacy, and the list goes on.

There's a storm brewing in the east and that means we have to take Kennedy to her Grandparents' house a day early. I've really lived in denial about the whole leaving her for 2 weeks, until now. We haven't been apart for more than 24 hours in 2 years. I just hope she understands what's going on when day after day we don't come to get her. I've explained it to her a million times, but I know she doesn't get the length of time we'll actually be gone. She is in good hands, I know. This will probably be harder on me than her.

In about 5.5 days, we will be holding our girl. Jaida Kate, we're coming for you sweet girl. I pray that she has been somewhat prepared and the transition will not be too hard on her. After 3 years in her orphanage, the only home she has ever known, I know this will be an adjustment. We're ready and we'll hold her hand every step of the way.

If you would, please pray that we ALL stay healthy, including Kennedy here at home. Also, please pray that Jaida finds some comfort in being with us. Thanks so much.

Stay tuned. We'll update as often as we can :)

12 comments:

Rae said...

We'll be tuned in and waiting for updates!! Would daily be too much to ask for? ;)

Have a safe trip and give Jaida a huge hug from all of us. We'll be praying for an easy transition for Jaida, a fun stay at Grammie and Grampie's for Kennedy and another unforgettable trip to China for you and Marv.

Lots of love and hugs,
Rae, Girard and Bryn

Deb said...

I have a big lump in my throat.......but your right it will be harder on you than on Kennedy. As for Jadia, once she is in your arms and home with you she won't be missing the orphanage at all. I'm confidant the love she will feel will far outweigh any feeling of missing the place she once knew.
Praying the next 3 days are easy and light for you.

The Carmodys said...

Safe travels my friend. I'm so excited for you. Getting shivers just reading about the last minute preparations. Kennedy will survive and so will you! Praying for Jaida that all will go well with her transition and attachment. I'll be here following right along with you on this exciting journey!

k

Monica said...

We'll be praying for your family (including Kennedy in Canada) right by your side. See you very soon.

Love Monica

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhh, I'm so excited!!! Soon Jaida you will be part of our family. Can't wait, love you already! We're all here for K while you're gone and here for the rest of you when you return.

~HUGS~
The Robinson's

Jill said...

I can't wait to follow you guys!! I am so excited!
Many prayers!!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I got butterflies in my belly as I read this post. What an emotional time for all of you but in the end every second will have been more than worth it. I look forward to your updates during the next 2 weeks!!!

My thoughts are with you as you travel to pick up your precious Jaida Kate. I will be praying for all of you as you take the last few steps in this amazing journey! ((HUGS))

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, It seems like only yesterday when you were sending Paula and I messages in China!! I believe in the power of positive energy and I know in my heart that everyone's love helped Lily make it home safely and protected my family while I was away. You and your family are in our prayers. Enjoy the journey....
Francine

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, It seems like only yesterday when you were sending Paula and I messages in China!! I believe in the power of positive energy and I am sure that all the love helped Lily make it home safely and protected my family while I was away. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.Enjoy the journey....Francine

geminirn said...

I will be stalking your blog 100 times a day....lol! Praying for Jaida that all will go well with her transition,and also for little K at home.

Only days now girl......WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
big Hugs from across the waters!

Madison is Finally HOME! said...

WOW, you are leaving tomorrow! I'm so excited for you guys and for me too, to be able to enjoy following your journey over the next couple of weeks. You are in my prayers to all be healthy, happy and to haev a safe, fun & exciting trip!

Tracy

Mrs. K. Gillis said...

Hi Guys, I"m already checking your blog while I'm at work - don't tell anyone, and you're not even gone yet. Can't wait to see the updates!